Indy Summer Learning Labs Classroom Leader
Position Title: Summer Classroom Lead
Department: Brookside Community Play
Pay: $15.00/hr. Time Commitment: M -F; 7:30am – 3:30pm: June 12th – July 14th
Brookside Community Development Corporation is a church-based non-profit serving the Brookside neighborhood. Brookside Community Play is the youth development initiative of Brookside CDC, that has partnered with Mind Trust and United Way to serve students across Indianapolis who will benefit from continued summer instruction and enrichment activities to drive increase academic achievement. We are a community partner for the Indy Summer Learning Labs.
The summer Classroom Lead will be charged with a group of students to lead in the classroom, support the teacher (in the morning) and lead summer camp in the afternoon. They will be responsible for the day-to-day activities. They will also drive for field trips.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• 5% Transportation – Field Trips
• 5% Reporting on attendance, behavior, academic progress
• 10 % Attend & implement training – training and implementation of training will be expected.
• 40% Lead a Club (Legos, STEM, Book Club)
• 40% Facilitating and Leading Classroom- Responsible for all students, classroom activities, & cleaning.
• Must be able to work on a team and independently.
• Be teachable, dependable and punctual.
• Enjoy working with children.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Experience working with children.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish)